By Patrizia Campolongo, Liana Fattore
The endocannabinoid process contains cannabinoid receptors, their endogenous lipid ligands (endocannabinoids) and the enzymatic equipment for his or her synthesis and degradation. within the mind, endocannabinoids control ion channel task and neurotransmitter unlock and thereby give a contribution to numerous features of mind functionality, together with reminiscence, present and feelings. Their skill to modulate synaptic efficacy has a variety of sensible effects and offers certain healing probabilities. unparalleled advances were made within the realizing of the position of endocannabinoids within the legislation of the emotional mind over the last few years. despite the fact that, a entire booklet encompassing a majority of these points remains to be missing. The ebook will offer an outline of the function performed via the endocannabinoid process within the rules of emotional strategies with specific emphasis at the modulation of reminiscence and present for emotionally arousing occasions and for the law of motivational features in hashish use.
Read Online or Download Cannabinoid Modulation of Emotion, Memory, and Motivation PDF
Best nonfiction_12 books
A complete evaluate of the chances and capability of X-ray scattering utilizing nanofocused beams for probing topic on the nanoscale, together with assistance at the layout of nanobeam experiments. The monograph discusses numerous resources, together with unfastened electron lasers, synchrotron radiation and different transportable and non-portable X-ray resources.
- Physik für Mediziner : eine Einführung
- Building Bridges: HCI, Visualization, and Non-formal Modeling: IFIP WG 13.7 Workshops on Human–Computer Interaction and Visualization: 7th HCIV@ECCE 2011, Rostock, Germany, August 23, 2011, and 8th HCIV@INTERACT 2011, Lisbon, Portugal, September 5, 2011,
- Further Computer Appreciation
- Atlas of Single-Port, Laparoscopic, and Robotic Surgery: A Practical Approach in Gynecology
- U.S. Army Airborne, 1940–90
Extra resources for Cannabinoid Modulation of Emotion, Memory, and Motivation
135. Cota D, Steiner MA, Marsicano G, Cervino C, Herman JP, Grubler Y, Stalla J, Pasquali R, Lutz B, Stalla GK, Pagotto U. Requirement of cannabinoid receptor type 1 for the basal modulation of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis function. Endocrinology. 2007;148(4):1574–81. 136. Katona I, Rancz EA, Acsady L, Ledent C, Mackie K, Hajos N, Freund TF. Distribution of CB1 cannabinoid receptors in the amygdala and their role in the control of GABAergic transmission. J Neurosci. 2001;21(23):9506–18. 137.
Sara SJ. The locus coeruleus and noradrenergic modulation of cognition. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2009;10(3):211–23. 88. Reul JM, de Kloet ER. Two receptor systems for corticosterone in rat brain: microdistribution and differential occupation. Endocrinology. 1985;117(6):2505–11. 89. Joels M, Baram TZ. The neuro-symphony of stress. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2009;10(6):459–66. 90. Tasker JG, Di S, Malcher-Lopes R. Minireview: rapid glucocorticoid signaling via membrane-associated receptors. Endocrinology. 2006;147(12):5549–56.
3 mg/kg, IP Object recognition-not habituated Enhanced retrieval  Rat Propofol 300 or 350 mg/kg, IP Inhibitory avoidance Enhanced consolidation  A general summary of the pharmacological studies examining the effects of exogenous cannabinoids on aversive memory paradigms. Δ9-THC: Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol, IP Intraperitoneal cannabinoids impaired learning and memory with an aversive (water maze, contextual fear conditioning) or non-aversive (object recognition, spatial recognition, social recognition) nature [54, 60].
Cannabinoid Modulation of Emotion, Memory, and Motivation by Patrizia Campolongo, Liana Fattore